Nigerian Institute of Management (Chartered)
Nigerian Institute of Management
GUIDELINES FOR MEMBERSHIP UPGRADING
The ‘Upgrading’ phenomenon is applicable only to those members seeking for a rise in membership grades from GRADUATE to ASSOCIATE, and from ASSOCIATE to MEMBER.
The following are the requirements for Upgrading:
1. The member must have spent at least three (3) years at the lower grade to become eligible for consideration for upgrading.
2. The member (regardless of membership grade) must accumulate at least 15 credit points within the period by attending functions of the Institute, one of which must be the Mandatory Continuing Professional Education Programme (MCPEP). (Please visit our web site with address www.managementnigeria.org or click Credit Points Details for details about the Institute’s programmes and their accruable credit points)
3. The member should pay upgrading fee of N10,000 and total outstanding indebtedness to the Institute
4. The member who has satisfied the requirements above should register online and send their necessary documents as attachment to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org stating their membership number in the subject heading. The documents should include certificate of attendance in relevant NIM programmes.
5. The Membership Services Directorate shall notify the member of the Upgrading Date and Venue of the next Upgrading ceremony where he/she will obtain the new membership certificate.
6. The member shall be expected to pay the difference between the Development Levies of the new and the old membership grades.
7. The member can now formally use the acronym AMNIM or MNIM on his/her name as applicable.
8. If you don’t send the supporting documents as attachment(s) to the above stated email address, your registration will not be processed.
NOTE THE UPGRADING OF MEMBER TO FELLOW IS BY
RECOMMENDATION BY THE BOARD OF FELLOWS TO THE
Proceed to registration >> click Membership Upgrading